Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pattern over-confidence

I had company over last night to watch some movies and chat and have some laughs.  Of course I decided to pick up my knitting while the movie was going.  Normally this activity is fine and I knit along and all is well, but not last night.

I'm still working on Hitchhiker scarves for the girls, so I decided I would start #3.  The yarn is a beautiful handpainted wool and silk blend with rich amethyst jewel colors.  It's going to turn out fabulous when it's finished.

I got fairly far last night and was loving the look and drape of this yarn.... THEN I went to pick it up again this morning.... I found this....


What's up with that little half sized baby tooth?  How in the world did this get past me?

I feel so stupid this morning.  I started out ripping it out up to the next correct row, but in the end I just ripped out the whole thing and will start over.  I can't even think about caving in and putting lifelines in this project, but maybe I ought to.

I think my project today will be writing up a spreadsheet of stitch count for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment