Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wold Wide Knit in Public Day 2014

Well I DID TRY to get a WWKIP gathering here... We don't have a yarn shop within 90 miles of here, but I did stop at the quilt shop and ask around a bit, these ladies are about as close to finding local knitters and I'm going to get.  I posted on Ravelry and I posted an event on Facebook, but no interest at all.  I found one crocheter and one loom knitter who might like to join a guild if I start one, but nobody who wanted to sit and knit with me out in the park today... It's very disheartening.  So I decided to just go be a conspicuous knitter all on my own. (my son's are such good sports about their silly mommy!!)

The Freedom Rally (motorcycle club rally) is in town this weekend so I couldn't think of a more interesting place than that to park my housewife self down in the middle of it all and get out my needles.  I'm STILL working on the Hitchhiker scarf... I have not picked it up since last weekend so I am still on tooth 21.  I've got a Pi shawl KAL going on and that has eaten up quite a bit of my knitting time.


Anyway... Here we are at the drag races out at Airport six this afternoon.  Hitchhiker is turning out to be pretty much a perfect knit in public project.  I love it.  It's just as portable as a dishcloth, and just as mindless.  It was chilly and windy out today and my knitting was slow because my hands don't really like the chill, so I didn't get an entire tooth done, but I'm pretty close.

Go put something on your needles - anything at all.  Go forth and knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment