Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Little Baskets - a pretty perfect pattern

I am always trying out new designs with the specific intent of finding patterns that can be EASILY knit in public and during group situations without dependence on a pattern.

Little Baskets is absolutely perfect for that purpose.  It's one of the designs that can be  looked at and see where you are without having to memorize an actual pattern.  

It is easy to have a conversation or pay attention to another person while this is knit.  It's fast and it's beautiful.. It's quite squishy and dimensional.  It makes a lovely dishcloth, and if it was expanded it would made a lovely blanket too.
Knits and purls only, no shaping - 9 inch cloth






This pattern used to be on Danielle Côté's website knitdishclothcorner, but the domain has expired and can only be accessed via the wayback machine website.  Those pages often don't load properly and often have broken images so I took a screenshot of her pattern and have decided to post it here and share it with other public knitters -- no copyright infringement intended - this is NOT my pattern, it was designed and copyrighted by Danielle Côté in 2006.  She originally called it "Petit panier 1". (click on the image to make it full sized)



I love Danielle's designs so much and have made several of her cloths.  Most of them translate very well into larger projects with just a little math.  If you can access the archive of her site, please do so, and take a look at all her unique patterns.  I have singled out this basket weave pattern because of it's simplicity and it's ability to be completed in a distracting environment without a pattern.  I promise you'll get compliments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so I'm on a green dishcloth kick - this Peaches 'n Cream ombre compliments my Corelle - (callaway - it's ivy leaves on white), and my table linens pretty well.  It's called key lime pie... I bought a full cone.

My other cloth I made yesterday from Danielle's design is this one...
9 inch square, all knits and purls, no shaping.



This one is called "Dunes de sable" or "Sand waves", copyrighted in 2004.  This is a gorgeous and sturdy cloth, fully reversible, but doesn't really adapt well into public knitting.  I knit this one in front of Netflix and that was OK, but I wouldn't knit it at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment