Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer Dishcloth Swap Project

I decided to participate in an online dishcloth swap - So I needed to step it up a notch and make something unusual...

I once again decided on using the 'Almost Lost' pattern.  It's such a mindless pattern that I find I can easily watch TV or have a conversation while I knit... it always turns out pretty, but I needed to make it somehow different.

I decided that I could make the center area very flowery looking by holding a small strand of ombre crochet cotton alongside the worsted cotton for the main knitting, then dropping it for the stitches outside the yarn over.  The two yarns I used are easily seen in this photo (click it for larger image)



Finished cloth - I think they turned out great!!  I'm thinking I will use this technique again and make some red and green cloths for gifts at Christmas (stay tuned)


No comments:

Post a Comment