Saturday, June 7, 2014

Knitting Cowgirl Style!

I've been working on Martina Behm's Hitchhiker scarf.  I'm using Cascade Handpaint fingering yarn in colorway "fruit salad" on size 3 needles.

I chose this project because I kept hearing people rave about this pattern -- This has the distinction of being the very first pattern I ever bought on Ravelry and I am so glad I did.  I love the look of it, I love the mindlessness of it.  It is a great knitting in public kind of project, but it doesn't seem to get the same kind of attention the little dishcloths get and I don't know why.

Anyway, I took the scarf with me to the rodeo tonight (yes, the RODEO!).  This is the ultimate in Wyoming multitasking - I was able to watch the cowboys, participate in the crowd, and still knit while in the bleachers with dozens of kids running around me.  I finished tooth 19 and half of tooth 20, which I know doesn't sound like much, but I think it was an accomplishment.. Truly!




No comments:

Post a Comment