Friday, July 18, 2014

White Mountain Cowl - test

Silly me -- I was headed on a road trip and thought "Wouldn't it be fun to do a test knit for a designer on Ravelry?"  So off I went to the testing forums to find a pair of lace socks to knit up while I was on the road.... Wrong!  I ended up with this bulky yarn cowl to do instead.  Looking back, I'm so glad I didn't go with socks because I got a lot more talking done with the cowl than I ever would have if I had chosen socks to test.

I accidentally had this beautiful tweedy yarn in my stash, a wool & silk blend, so soft.  It's going to be lovely warm this coming winter... I finished it and uploaded the whole thing while I was on the road - imagine the looks I got taking iPhone selfies in a winter wool cowl in the heat of summer --- yeah, it was funny!

I'm hoping the designer makes this pattern a freebie download because I sure would like to teach it.  It looks like garter stitch, it's actually a row of k and a row of p... all done in the round on huge needles with simple increases and decreases.  I think it would be a great first circ project, and it definitely qualifies as a mindless project that can be easily done while in a distractible situation.

After she publishes it, I'll post the link to her pattern... 

White Mountain Cowl
(which may just be a working name - stay tuned)


No comments:

Post a Comment