Monday, August 4, 2014

Another test knit?

Just so you don't think I only make dishrags and garter stitch - LOL
Sometimes I do sit on my couch and do fiddly knitting too!

My first foray into test knitting for somebody besides a friend has turned out really great and I had fun doing it (even though it was a mindless car knit pattern).  Last weekend I was a little stressed so I decided to search out something else I might like on the Ravelry forum.  If I am knitting, people leave me alone and that's exactly what I wanted.

I chose another cowl and this one is really pretty... I'm very pleased.  It's called Rose Vines Cowl.  It's a 15x12 repeat that looks cabled, but it's just increases and decreases.




Of course I have to reign in my artsy-fartsy creative side and try not to make major changes to the designers vision.  This is difficult for me and I did make some decisions on this one.  I went with a tonal hand-paint that is the exact same color as my cat!!  Fabulous!!  This yarn is a beautiful "Sweet Georgia Toughlove Sock" in color-way Ginger.

I blocked this very aggressively to open up the lace.  I do wish I had made it narrower and longer.  I may make it again, but who knows.

This week I have to FINISH my Dunes de Sable cloths and get them sent off for the swap... deadline approaching fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment